Open Your Heart


- Nuffnang's Bloggers-

Just attended a HPB Youth Aids Awareness Forum invited by Nuffnang on Saturday, 29th March at Cathay Cineleisure. It's a Forum jointly organised by Nuffnang Singapore and Health Promotion Board (HPB).

There was a short movie shown called "August 29" before our forum discussion. It was a great movie staring Lawrence Wong.

Click here to watch the trailer:
Trailer A
Trailer B

During the disussion between the bloggers and the HPB staffs, there were a lot of interesting points brought up on how we should treat AIDS people and how we actually can affect the world with one self. I truly enjoyed the discussion.

Although we know that with only that group of us spreading the words to the world is not enough but we just hope what we did will spread to the rest. 10 ppl to 100 ppl, 100 ppl to 1000 ppl and so on...

Everyone plays a part!!!

Anyway we had fun at the Cineleisure Preview Lounge. The breaking ice game we played was fun too!!!

Oh ya the high tea was great too! Free food!!! Haha... Thanks to Nuffnang for the high tea they provided. Hope to have more of such activity in future.

Ya during the event, I also get to interact with the main actor of "August 29", Lawrence Wong- http://www.lawrencewong.net/. He was a nice friendly guy who used to be a Mediacorps actor. He is currently a model for a modeling company.


During the conversation with him can tell he was someone who know how to enjoy his life. Someone who processes great future indeed... He was friendly and got a cute cat too. Wishing him all the best in his career path. Nice knowing him...

Actually I knew him before that day through a friend when we met him on the street. And he had got good memory as he said he seem to see me before somewhere too.

The following poem seen on last Saturday event has just been put forward from Health Promotion Board to us.


“ Why do you see me through tinted glasses?
It breaks my heart into a million pieces.
The day I knew I was positive,
all people around me turned negative.

Some of you think that I deserve it,
and so in your society I no longer fit.
But just like you I did not know,
so now my tears abundantly flow.

I had faith in my partner,
that he loved me and none other.
But the truth was revealed;
that one mistake and my fate’s been sealed.

Please don’t look at me through tinted glasses,
support me as I pick up my life’s broken pieces.

Anonymous”






Comments

Popular Posts